Monday, February 17, 2014

Blast in the Past: 1940's Big Band Night!

     Saturday was such a fun night! It was a post-Valentine's Day date, you could say. :) Dinner, lot's a jazz music, and dancing! What's cooler than that? I got to wear my great-grandma's jewelry to snaz-up my outfit in the perfect way! :)
     The makeup was pretty simple. Eyeshadow was very neutral, with a stronger crease, as well as a strong brow; popular in the '40s. A pale pink blush on the cheeks, and a little bronzer for contour under the cheekbones, and of course, no night look is complete without a gorgeous red lip (www.avon.com). I put my pin curls down, and worked with my widow's peak and that annoying callick in the front of my head, and made an S-wave with one of the curls. :)
     My dress, I fortunately already had in my closet, thought I'd pull it out for the night. A wonderful royal blue color I bought from Dillard's (www.dillards.com). A standard black pump for footwear, and I was ready to go. :)



     Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my date and me. Courtesy of BYU photographers, I have not received the photos yet. :( Dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu, salad, mashed potatoes, and green beans was fabulous! It made me so full, I could hardly finish my delicious mint brownie (Shocking, I know)! Dancing was so much fun, though my dance skills need a brush-up. I remember all the rhythms to the dances they played that night, I just don't remember many steps! I felt sooo inferior to all the couples in any direction of me dancing smoothly to Cha-Cha, or the Foxtrot, and of course the Swing. You can't have a '40s party that's complete with the Swing! 
     All the while, my date kept telling me to teach him how to dance! Oh my, what pressure! First, I must re-teach myself, then I can give him those lessons he was asking for. :) What a fun night! Can't wait to dress up again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment