Monday, May 12, 2014

Whether Cream or Powder, It's Black Noir Galore! The Extremist Smokey Eye Look

     I'm soooo sorry that it's been forever, but gosh I feel like I've been so busy! But I finally got to my next assignment!
   
     This one felt a little more challenging, because I didn't just use brown and black shadows in this look, they were cream shadows. Cream shadows, I have found, don't like to blend the same way that powder shadows do. On top of that, being that the cream shadows I used were homemade (made of a mixture of powder shadow and lotion), they seemed even harder to blend.
   
Extremist Smokey Eye Look (eyes closed)

Extremist Smokey Eye Look (eyes open)

     The black shadow I felt I couldn't get as intense as I would have liked, but I think it did well, don't you think?

     I still think my blending looked better in my first assignment: From Natural to Sultry to Hello Sexy!!: Amp Up Your Natural Beauty. Or can you even tell the difference?

     Ok, I really just need to expand the textures I work with. I will admit, I don't have a big variety in my makeup kit...One of the cool things about this makeup course (though it can also be frustrating) is that they let you work with the makeup products you have; they don't require you to buy a makeup kit from them. But at the same time, it can be difficult to replicate the makeup look when you don't have the same beauty products at hand. They main brand of makeup they use is Makeup ForEver, and heaven knows I don't have the money for that right now!
     I know, it's weird that I don't have cream shadows of all sorts of colors in my own personal kit, but I've always had trouble with them creasing...so, I just don't buy them. Problem solved. Right? But I should be more flexible, and just learn how to use them like a good makeup artist should, right?

Oh guess what?? My lovely aunt is getting married, and wants to do a practice session with me for her bridal makeup! How cool is that?! I'm so excited! It's even better, because that's what my next assignment is, bridal makeup. Yay!

Talk to you all soon!

Loves,
    Jessica Ashley


 

No comments:

Post a Comment